Oh MY GOD

I did it. I talked to her, we totally hit it off. We have plans for, guess it, Starbucks in the morning! ok wait wait wait, I'm getting ahead of myself, let's start at the beginning.

Well there is no point in hiding how I found her, I just looked at her blog. It was there that I found out she is the manager for a few local bands, and that one of her bands was playing at a bar in fairfax last night. So I went to the bands website, downloaded some of their songs, memorized them so I could sing along, put on my oldest and shabbiest t-shirt and jeans, and headed out the door.

I walked into the bar and it was exactly what I expected. It was dark, dingy, and dirty. The stage faced at an awkard angle, and really didn't give the crowd much room to stand to watch the performance. I made my way to the bar and ordered myself a drink, then I looked around for her. I couldn't see her anywhere, and I began to lose hope, thinking that she may not have made it.

Then I heard it, her beautiful voice. She was screaming at the top of her lungs at one of the bar managers. I would later find out that it was something to do with her bands set time, but I thought they had enough time on stage. Well after she was done giving this manager an earfull, she made her way over to the bar for a drink. She sat down right next to me! I didn't know what to say, I was flabbergasted. She orderd a vodka cranberry. I sat next to her awkwardly for abuot 10 minutes, not knowing what to say. Well eventually she finished her drink, and I don't know what came over me, but i just looked at the bartender and yelled, "Hey, get her another one, it looks likes she's having a rough night."

Can you believe that?! What a great line, I don't know where it came from, it's insane! Well she looked up at me and smiled, and then we just started talking and we hit it off. I told her about how i loved the band and didn't want to miss this show. We talked all night. She even told me about her blog, and check out what she said about me!

Well I gotta get to bed, tomorrow morning I have the ever important Starbucks date in the morning, and I have to start thinking about what to talk to her about.

No comments: